Did you mean: 

Stop updating our post directory

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
906 Views, 5 Replies

Stop updating our post directory

I wish it would stop updating our post directory when we update inventor HSM I only have the post that I mautofied and use.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeff.pek
in reply to: Anonymous

Which directory are you referring to, exactly?

You probably want to be using a separate library area for the posts you want to use. This would not be touched by any updates.

Jeff

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Yeah I thought about that right after I posted this
Message 4 of 6
Vohnsen

We have a directory on the network with post processors and tool libarys.. so when i update them all the computers get the updates.. works great!

Message 5 of 6

@Vohnsen wrote:

We have a directory on the network with post processors and tool libarys.. so when i update them all the computers get the updates.. works great!

Even when multiple people using them it goes alright.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 6 of 6
Steinwerks
in reply to: Vohnsen

@Vohnsen wrote:

This is what I've done as well, that way I know the post is always up to date with any changes I've made, and the tool library is always consistent. Plus these get backed up with the standard network backups as well so they won't be lost in case of any potential data corruption or loss issue.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report