Inventor HSM Build 3.0.0.205 Chamfer-Toolpath issue on 2d-Contour

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
makko74
1040 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor HSM Build 3.0.0.205 Chamfer-Toolpath issue on 2d-Contour

Hi,

when my model has interrupted edges then i use the option to make a hook on stock contour on contour selection tab, so hsm calculates needed toolpath extensions automatically, nice feature, so it's not necessary to make an extra sketch. So far so good, but when i use this with an chamfer tool then it seems that hsm calculates the necessary lead in/out distances based on the flute length and not based on the tool diameter. Long flute length of chamfer tool ends with an not necessary toolpath extension when is a hook on stock contour.

pic 1 - contour selection, interrupted edge on the right side
pic 2 - toolpaths -> 1=chamfer tool / 2=flat mill

InfoInventor CAM(Ultimate) user --- Inventor Professional 2021.2 + Inventor CAM Ultimate 8.1.2.21785
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeff.walters
in reply to: makko74

I have reported this on ticket CAM-2448. You’re correct it seems to be tied to the shoulder length.  The best work around I can think of is to not use stock contour but use Tangential fragment extension distance instead.
Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 3 of 6
makko74

Thank you Jeff

The part on the image was just a test, to exclude that the problem on the part itself is located.
A click with the mouse to set a hook is much faster than measure and enter 1130mm with hand.
Laziness on my part.  😉

InfoInventor CAM(Ultimate) user --- Inventor Professional 2021.2 + Inventor CAM Ultimate 8.1.2.21785
Message 4 of 6
jeff.walters

OH don’t get me wrong I agree 100% with you but I don’t fix the bugs all I can do is report them. The workaround is only intended as a way to get your part cut.
Jeff Walters
Message 5 of 6
makko74

Jeff Walters wrote:

OH don’t get me wrong I agree 100% with you but I don’t fix the bugs all I can do is report them. The workaround is only intended as a way to get your part cut.

i know this Jeff, this was not against you (damn to my bad english, was thinking the " 😉 " says all)
Jeff you make here a great job with your help on this forum, also for me are you a great help.
my intention was only to report this bug.
maybe sometimes my answers sounds rude or affronted, this could be due to my bad english. sorry for this.

Thanks again Jeff

Message 6 of 6
jeff.walters

trust me your English is much better then i would be in your native language  😉
Jeff Walters

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report