Community
Fusion Team, Data, & Project Management
Need help managing your Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Team Hub? Have questions about adding or removing team members, or permissions? Get help from the collaboration experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

worried having received e-mail concerning deprecation of BIM360 Teams

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
maker9876
372 Views, 7 Replies

worried having received e-mail concerning deprecation of BIM360 Teams

A few years ago F360 introduced a Teams feature and I started creating all projects with it, in case one day wanted to collaborate. I just received an e-mail saying " As an administrator of a BIM 360 Team project linked to Revit Cloud Worksharing (RCW)" that I had better move my stuff or it will be lost!! 

1) Am I really on "BIM360 Teams" or just plain "Fusion Teams"? In other words was the e-mail sent in error? There's nothing in the interface to indicate.

2) I'm concerned about losing my data - and losing the links (derived or inserted) between the various files in projects.

In the FAQ relating to the End of Life of "BIM 360 Teams" there is reference to the "Replication Tool" as a possible solution for getting documents out of the BIM360 Team environment and onto a local machine. And thence, I suppose, into the personal cloud. However the documentation reads like Chinese to me (a bit technical!) and it's not clear that it's going to alleviate any of my concerns. 

Any comments?

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RTDOCS/ENU/?guid=ReplicationTool_01_about_html

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
john.koerner
in reply to: maker9876

If you login to the Fusion Team web interface, which logo do you see in the top left corner?  In this example, I see a Fusion Team logo:

johnkoerner_0-1688062992069.png

This one is the BIM Logo:

johnkoerner_1-1688063074221.png

John Koerner
Message 3 of 8
maker9876

Thanks! I seem to have the Fusion Team Logo. Does that mean that I was sent the BIM e-mail in error and that everything is cool, don't have to do anything?

maker9876_0-1688063281941.png

Message 4 of 8
john.koerner

I can't say that for certain.  Do you belong to multiple hubs?  If you click your avatar in the web client, you may have the option to switch between different hubs.  Could one of those hubs be a BIM Team hub?

John Koerner
Message 5 of 8
maker9876
in reply to: john.koerner

It doesn't look as if there are any BIM hubs involved...

maker9876_0-1688063727968.png

Message 6 of 8
john.koerner

I agree that it doesn't look like you have any BIM hubs.  I'll ask around to see if I can get some clarity on this.

John Koerner
Message 7 of 8
Andy.Spivey

Hi@maker9876 - Thanks for reaching out!  I reviewed this this thread with John and you can safely ignore the email announcement referenced - sorry for any anxiety this caused. 

Most likely when you had originally created a hub a particular addon was applied to the hub (or maybe it was originally created under another product brand like BIM or A360) and your email was added to the list to provide additional information.  

Anyrate, you should be all set as the images above show as Fusion and you can safely ignore the email.

-Andy

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 8 of 8
maker9876
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

Hey, many thanks to both of you for going the extra mile to clarify this. Indeed there was some anxiety! With a bit of luck this will somehow be of help to others.

Have a good weekend.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report