Community
Fusion Team, Data, & Project Management
Need help managing your Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Team Hub? Have questions about adding or removing team members, or permissions? Get help from the collaboration experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no Transfer button for projects

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
cyndia_cao
848 Views, 9 Replies

There is no Transfer button for projects

Hi, I'm trying to move some projects between two team hubs. I am a team administrator in both teams, but in the team dashboard I don't see any drop-down button for "Transfer", only "Archive". Even for a test project where I am the owner and only contributor, I have no option to "Transfer" it to the other hub. Is there some setting or permissions error stopping me from doing this?

Labels (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
robert.filiks
in reply to: cyndia_cao

Hi @cyndia_cao,

thanks for posting!

Have you tried to use Fusion Team Onboarding site for a project transfer?

Please refer to the article How to transfer Fusion 360 projects from one account to another

Robert Filiks
Software QA Engineer

My screencasts | Advanced Manufacturing | Tips and Best Practices

Message 3 of 10
cyndia_cao
in reply to: robert.filiks

The Fusion Onboarding site only allows projects to be transferred from my personal hub, if I'm seeing correctly. I also already have a hub I would like to move the projects into.

cyndia_cao_0-1598371528341.png

I've already read that page through many times, and the instructions are so simple that I can't tell where my issue is.

I am an Admin in two Team Hubs. I do not own the one that currently has the project, but it sounds like I only need to be a Team Member to transfer a project. I don't see any option to Transfer the project. Other Team Members also have not been able to transfer their own projects.

cyndia_cao_1-1598371791950.png

So could there be any other permissions issue preventing us from transferring projects?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: cyndia_cao

I am having the exact same issue and I just can't figure it out - it sounds that simple in the instructions.

Message 5 of 10
robert.filiks
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous @cyndia_cao Can you check right now if you can transfer projects using the Transfer button?

Robert Filiks
Software QA Engineer

Message 6 of 10
cyndia_cao

Yes, it appears now! Thank you.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

It works for me - thank you!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Same thing just happened to me - the transfer option was there yesterday evening but today after leaving my browser window open for >12 hours it was gone.

Without logging out in my browser, I went to the Fusion interface and clicked "My Profile" to re-open my account in a new browser tab and the transfer option was reactivated.

I saw this issue on Firefox and Chrome on two different computers with two different accounts. I happened to have to accounts open on different browsers in separate computers to do my transfers.

Message 9 of 10

Hi,

I have the same problem, no "transfer" option available to me in the Project I transferred to "Team Hub" (For which I am Admin).

Thank you for your help

Message 10 of 10

Hi @christophe.nadon 

Thanks for posting!
Currently, it is only possible to directly transfer a project:

• From a Personal Hub to a Team Hub. 
  • From one Team Hub to another Team Hub.

I can see you are a member of only one Team hub, and I believe you are attempting to transfer a project from it to a personal one. If the project still needs to be transferred, transfer the files individually: 

1. Follow the article How to make a local archive (back-up) file in Fusion 360 to manually export Fusion 360 data onto the local drive.
  2. Upload the files to the Personal Hub.

Robert Filiks
Software QA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report