Community
Fusion Team, Data, & Project Management
Need help managing your Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Team Hub? Have questions about adding or removing team members, or permissions? Get help from the collaboration experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Markup Outside Organisation with Fusion Team

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
david2CJXV
245 Views, 3 Replies

Sharing Markup Outside Organisation with Fusion Team

Is there a way to share models in fusion team that let anyone with the link see my markup?

We are using Fusion Team for reviewing contract drawers work. I am wanting to use the markup tool to send them changes but when shared via a link they cannot see my markup. Drawers are outside of our organisation 

They do not have a subscription, we use multiple drawers using various platforms so it is not realistic to get one for all of them. 

I currently send screen shots over email but am trying to find a better tool 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
P-BvanWyk
in reply to: david2CJXV

Good day @david2CJXV,

I know you can send a public link to external parties, but I'm not sure if the markups will pull through. 
Have you tested this?

Please click on Accept Solution to help other community members solve their issues.
Also, consider giving a Like to the comments that you feel added value.

Kind regards,
Pieter-Ben van Wyk
Message 3 of 4
david2CJXV
in reply to: P-BvanWyk

Thanks for the response. I found the solution, you need to add them as project members, they do not have to have a subscription for this to work. It means they can see all files in the project which is a bit of a pain when you have an existing large project with confidential files but will work fine if you set up with this in mind or set up a seperate project for sharing.  

If you share via the link they cannot see your markup and they can only share their own markup via static images similar to a screenshot so is not the best

It would be nice to have the option when sharing a single drawing to be able to give permission to anyone with the link to view and add markups. This way can keep the project filing neat without needing to give access to all the files in a project.  Also good for sharing with client organisations where they may have multiple people adding to a markup

Would also be good to have a "done" checkbox on markups so when sending to drawers they can tick off each item and flag for review

Message 4 of 4
P-BvanWyk
in reply to: david2CJXV

Thank you for sharing the solution and additional feedback.

Individual folder permissions or per file would also have been a nice option.

Please click on Accept Solution to help other community members solve their issues.
Also, consider giving a Like to the comments that you feel added value.

Kind regards,
Pieter-Ben van Wyk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report