Community
Fusion Team, Data, & Project Management
Need help managing your Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Team Hub? Have questions about adding or removing team members, or permissions? Get help from the collaboration experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Entire Project

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
matth
1081 Views, 5 Replies

Archive Entire Project

Please, soon, give an option to Archive an entire project. Rather than a shallow archive. Is the linked model really that difficult to express and implement deep copy on? Do you need deep copy to archive an entire project?

MSH | Matt
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
in reply to: matth

Hi Matt,

Thanks for posting your question. I'm not sure I understand what you are asking here. With the Team side and the A360 side, the entire project is archived when you select archive. So if you take the project out of archive, everything should show up again. Is this not what you are seeing? Or are you maybe asking about something else?

Thanks for posting your question and for getting us more details. And have a great weekend.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 6
matth
in reply to: Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

2017-06-11_11-20-22.png

MSH | Matt
Message 4 of 6
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the clarification and you may want to ask that question in the Fusion 360 forum.   For Fusion Team, you can archive a project at the project level and it archives the entire project in the HUB.  

Fusion Team Project Archive.jpg

What you are asking about is for archiving the file you are currently looking at in the viewer.   

You can post questions about Fusion 360 in the following location. 

Autodesk Fusion 360:

Hope this helps with archive on the Team side and have a great day. 

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 5 of 6
matth
in reply to: Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Could you explain using Transfer in the screenshot above, would it work in this condition?

If I wanted to transfer these projects from one Hub to another?

For example from my Personal Hub to a friends Personal Hub, making that the primary domain for the project, and then archive the project in my hub.

I don't want to have to go to 'Download > Fusion 360 Archive', and to do this:

Gamble        on the links being kept, especially for children and even parents to the nested structure of the references.

& Loose       badly with duplication, and lost referential integrity.

The many copies of references with the week shallow copy of Fusion's Archive creation

Make good sense?

MSH | Matt
Message 6 of 6
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Matt,

You can not move between two personal hubs, but you can move from a personal hub to a Team hub.

Hope that helps and have a great weekend.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report