Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with imported FBX

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
american2010
21056 Views, 5 Replies

Working with imported FBX

Hi guys, I have some basic experience with Fusion 360, but this is something I never made.

I imported an FBX file that was sent to me as a "Template"

I have 2 questions:

1: How can I copy exactly the profile lines of this shape, so I can extrude it later to my taste and needs?

2: I was also told to consider the triangles used on the mesh when working, is there an environment on Fusion that will show this? (I only saw them when exporting objects for 3D printing)

As an example, this is what I have, and you can see what I mean with the triangles on the mesh.

001.PNG

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
american2010
in reply to: american2010

After some research I found the "Mesh >> Create Mesh Section"
And got this...

02.PNG

Problem now comes when I try to turn that, into sketch lines so I can extrude them. I got it earlier, but I need to redo because of some miss alignments. Problem is that using the "Mesh >> Fit curves to mesh section" I can add 2 points, but after that I can't keep creating lines. Also I'm thinking there should be an automated way for cases line mine, where what I need it that exact result as sketch lines.

Any tips on how to achieve this is welcome.

Thanks a lot...

Message 3 of 6
american2010

After more and more research I found this video that was the solution for my problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njbzuzqRLSs

Message 4 of 6
southmtnphil

This video is probably the most useful one I've found.   Needed this information badly.  Thanks

Message 5 of 6

Honestly that is the worst way to work with a mesh in Fusion.

Here's a screencast I made a while ago that shows how to use Mesh Sections to create a non faceted body. This was done in an old version of Fusion but should give you an idea how it works and how easy to get a native body in Fusion.

EDIT. With  the newer version of Fusion you need to work in the mesh workspace, import the mesh then create the mesh sections.

HughesTooling_0-1685205971410.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6

Great, thanks much. Will work on it. Phil C.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report