Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the "for free personal use" version still able to export to STEP files?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1342 Views, 4 Replies

Will the "for free personal use" version still able to export to STEP files?

I'm in doubt whether to switch from the previously free version for startups/hobbyists, to the free version for personal use, as I need the possibility to convert my designs no STEP file format for my fabricator.

I can't seem to find a clear answer on the fact whether this will be possible in the now new version called "for personal use", as this is the only one left completely free of charge.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Swarfmaker
in reply to: Anonymous

The answer to your question is 'Yes' @Anonymous . If you follow this link there is a table of the features available to each license type.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Fusion-360-Free-License-Changes.html#features

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Swarfmaker

Thanks for this clarification, no need to switch to a payed subscription for me then, that's good news 🙂

Message 4 of 5
ORILEYMCSPADDEN
in reply to: Anonymous

This is bad news I think. I only have the free version and am trying to 3D print out a simple wheel from my model on a QIDI Max 3 printer and not for commercial use either. 

Message 5 of 5

@ORILEYMCSPADDEN wrote:

This is bad news I think. 

How so, STEP export remains possible with the Personal version of Fusion 🤔

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report