Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Fusion auto orient itself upon new sketch?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
shag9A8HY
477 Views, 2 Replies

Why does Fusion auto orient itself upon new sketch?

Hello, I am fairly new to Fusion 360 (coming off of Solidworks) so pardon my ignorance here, but why does Fusion auto orient itself upon new sketch? In this case, I wanted to sketch on the top face with the y up and when I created new sketch, it flipped 180 to y down. This has happened to me multiple times on different parts. I have played with the "z up or y up" settings in preferences and it doesn't seem to have any affect on this. What am I doing incorrectly, how can I avoid this, or can I turn this off somehow? Thank you in advance for your help!

Annotation 2020-01-04 084512.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TrippyLighting
in reply to: shag9A8HY

Because you have that enabled in the Preferences 😉

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 11.34.21 AM.png

You may consider turning all that auto project "stuff" off as well. IF you don't it will probably drive you nuts as you start getting more experienced in Fusion  360

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
shag9A8HY
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Cool thanks! Why when the origin is up upon sketch creation, would it actually turn it 180 though? Thanks for your time!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report