Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the save files?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
killerninjaYLTH7
874 Views, 10 Replies

Where are the save files?

Did i miss something?

When i installed Fusion 360 it went straight to C I didnt see any options to change it.

Also where does it put the object files when you save them?

and can those files be imported into Cura?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

@killerninjaYLTH7 Fusion install needs the C: and cannot be installed on any other drive. As to the save as mesh to .obj you will be asked where you want to save it on your local disk. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 11

That's a problem. I only have 30gb left on C: I have 3 TB on other drives.

When I click save I get a window that asks for a name and location, the location can either be "Admin Project" or "Default Project" I can create a folder but i have no idea where that folder is on my drive.

Message 4 of 11

@killerninjaYLTH7 Can we get some more clarity on what  you meant by object files? Are you doing a file export to .obj format? 

Can you also add an image of the window that you are filling in where it shows you the Admin project or default project? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 5 of 11

i dont know what format fusion uses, i just assume its some type of object file. i'm hoping i can just drag and drop it into cura slice it and print it.

i just like to know where fusion saves stuff when i press the save button.

cheers

Message 6 of 11

It saves to the Project, and Folder in that project you have created if any, on the Cloud.  You can however save to any location on your computer you desire by select File, then Export and then select your local drive.  This process is not hooked to the Save command, it is a manual process by you.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 11

so how do i do this?

I can create complex 3 dimensional objects with out too much trouble but I cant do something simple like save it!! this is silly.

every other program ive used has a menu with multiple options on how to deal with the documents you just created. i cant find any menus at all.

Sorry must be getting old.

Message 8 of 11

@killerninjaYLTH7 Going on a guess here but I think what you are looking for is the "data panel" . This is the place where you can look for your saved files from the cloud. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 11.54.39 AM.png

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 9 of 11

You can save anything your desire, either to the Cloud or to your local drive.  The Video will explain.  By the way, you are never to old to try, and learn, something new.  I am 72 but I will admit, I am a retired mechanical designer and have used many CAD packages all my life.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 11

Once you have Fusion 360 installed, click on the question mark in the upper right corner and navigate to the self paced leaning section. I suggest you take a full course!

That will answer many of your questions!

EESignature

Message 11 of 11

ah, didn't see that, must be going blind as well as stupid.

thanks mate much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report