Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When milling contour, tool mills more than it should

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
maudvandeveire
321 Views, 3 Replies

When milling contour, tool mills more than it should

Hello,

I'm making some box joints. In my file the Y-lenght of the joint-parts is 5mm. When I mill them they only have a lenght of 4,3mm. I suppose the X-lenght is also smaller than it should be. So the mill is taking more than it should. Is there an option in the menu to change this?

ps. Sorry, screencast is not working on my computer and the option to send the file seems to be gone.

Schermafbeelding 2021-08-08 om 13.20.24.pngSchermafbeelding 2021-08-08 om 13.31.55.png

Labels (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Untitled.png

If you use the bit in the pick you can attach stuff.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4

Here is the file!

Message 4 of 4

Your toolpath looks mostly fine, it's not cutting into the part when I run simulation. Is it possible that you are using a different sized tool than what is defined in the program?
A quick solution is to use "Stock to Leave" (Radial).

I'd be curious to see what your results would be if you were to run the toolpath a second time. This would rule out issues such as machine flex and/or tool deflection

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report