Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very loud fan noise on MacBook Pro 2019 even rendering a simple object

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2497 Views, 6 Replies

Very loud fan noise on MacBook Pro 2019 even rendering a simple object

I have a very loud fan noise and heat on my MacBook Pro 2019 (MUHN2TU/A & macOS Mojave) even when I render a simple object with render settings set to PRINT / 2.2 Megapixels with local renderer and standard (50) quality.

See the video attached for the noise.

What can I do to eliminate the noise?

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ProductDesignOnline
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post the specs of your Mac? The fact that it's 2019 (somewhat) doesn't matter...it's the hard drive, ram, etc.

With that said, I've been running Fusion 360 on a 2015 Mac and haven't had any issues like your video.

A few things to consider, as rendering is an intensive-resource no matter what computer you have.

• Make sure to close ALL other programs
  • Make sure you don't have any auto-updating going on in the background (this was the culprit this with other users)
  • Close all other Fusion 360 tabs (only leave open the file that's rendering)
  • Make sure your Mac has a 50% charge or more. Unplug it when you start the render. Macs are notorious for getting really hot while they're charging, especially if you leave it plugged in all the time while working. This alone will make the fan start to go crazy so the rendering on top of that certainly would add to the cause.

Cheers,

Kevin

Kevin Kennedy

Check out my Fusion 360 tutorials:

Message 3 of 7
TrippyLighting

I don't find that to be unusual! Rendering is very CPU intensive and the render engine in Fusion 360 uses every bit of processor power it can get. It makes full use of multithreading and hyperthreading. So it is only natural that things get hot and loud.

Have you checked the CPU utilization with the Activity Monitor ?

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi, I have just bought 2019 16"macbook pro and I have the same problem. My 5 yrs. old MacBook with i5 and UHD graphics only doesn't suffer that much!! Very strange...

Message 5 of 7
leowarren34

Hi @Anonymous,

What are the specs of your Macbook?

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: leowarren34

Hi Leo,

2,6 GHz  Intel Core i7

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB

You know, I just thought that this specs will handle rendering a bit better than 5 years old i5 MacBook pro, especially when I've never heard its fan to be that wild compare to MSI Creator for example/i7, 16 GB, nVidia RTX 2060/. This notebook was crazy loud when I worked in Fusion!!! With my new MacBook 16 its much better, but still, I maybe only expected more quiet operation:)

Message 7 of 7
MatthewECornelius

Mine does the same thing, super hot and the fan is on constantly, right when I open the app, I dont have to be doing anything. Here are my laptop specs:

C077019A-111E-4656-AD5C-8C899283A096.jpeg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report