Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update corrupted 23 versions of the last 2 weeks of work.

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
Upekrithen
929 Views, 19 Replies

Update corrupted 23 versions of the last 2 weeks of work.

I have been working on a file for the last two weeks, 23 versions. In the middle of that, fusion needed to be updated. No problem. I saved, then updated, which asked me to restart fusion. I did so, and now NONE OF THE VERSIONS I have been working on will open, and all are said to be corrupt. Even when I go online and download the file from, say, 10 days ago, it STILL also says it is corrupt. But other files that I haven't been working on, do work. Please help.

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

@Upekrithen Would it be possible to invite raj.kumar.ilanchelian@autodesk.com into your project? I can take a quick look. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 20
shinderu
in reply to: Upekrithen

Hi @Upekrithen, Thanks for reaching out.

Could you please share the impacted datasets/files? I can try to recover the datasets for you.

Can you also share the diagnostic logs generated right after the open of the file is tried? This will help in investigating the root cause of the issue.

Here's the documentation link - How to collect the Diagnostic Log Files for Fusion

Thanks,

Rutuja Shinde

rutuja.shinde@autodesk.com 

Senior QA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 20

I have invited @RajkumarIlanchelian into the project.  How do we communicate?

Message 5 of 20

@Upekrithen Thank you. For now, let's use this same forum thread. I am taking a look now. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 6 of 20

@shinderu I have also passed on the file to you for triage. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 7 of 20

So...  any thoughts?

Message 8 of 20

@Upekrithen Sorry, give us one more day. 

@shinderu is following up with the team with the data you provided. We believe we can fix this data internally and save it as a new version for you but we will certainly get back. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 9 of 20

Thank you!  I'll check back.  I appreciate your help, immensely.  😄

Message 10 of 20
shinderu

Thank you for your patience during this process. In order to further our investigation, would it be possible to bring rhudaynath.diwate@autodesk.com and rutuja.shinde@autodesk.com into the hub?

Thanks,

Rutuja Shinde

Senior QA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 20
Upekrithen

Yes.  I made a separate project called "corrupt file" with the only file in it being the corrupted file.  Is this a file problem or a "reinstall the software" problem? 

Message 12 of 20
Upekrithen

Oh, and I added all three to it.

Message 13 of 20
shinderu

Thanks @Upekrithen. We suspect the latest versions of the file got corrupted after the update. We are interested in checking the older versions of the design. Is it possible to invite us in the original hub where we have older versions of the design.

Thanks,

Rutuja Shinde

Senior QA Engineer

Autodesk, In

Message 14 of 20
Upekrithen

I have simply remade it at this point.  I'll just make triplicate copies with different file names before I ever update again.  Sorry, I'm super iffy about sharing any files, so thanks for the efforts.  

Message 15 of 20
shinderu

Apologies for the inconvenience and additional efforts you've had to make.Unfortunately, without the older versions, we're currently unable to recover the shared version.

I want to assure you that me and the team have noted the issue and are initiating an investigation into why the update may have caused this problem. Our aim is to prevent such occurrences in the future. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rutuja Shinde

Senior QA Engineer

Autodesk, In

Message 16 of 20
shinderu
in reply to: shinderu

Hi @Upekrithen, after few more trials and effort we were finally able to recover the dataset. I am attaching the recovered file here. See if the files comes to use. 

Thanks,

Rutuja Shinde

Senior QA Engineer

Autodesk, In

@shinderu - per request of OP the file has been removed.

Message 17 of 20
Upekrithen

Yes, but can you please remove the files from public access here?  This is why I didn't want to share any of them to begin with, but tentatively did anyway bc you're autodesk.  

Please delete the file.  I have what I needed.  Thank you.

Message 18 of 20
shinderu

Sure, the file has been removed. 

Thanks,

Rutuja Shinde

Senior QA Engineer

Autodesk, In

Message 19 of 20
Upekrithen

Thank you!  And thank you for working on it.  Did you ever figure out why the update corrupted it?  And how I can avoid all this in the future?  At the moment I am simply saving every time I do anything significant, as a different file name.

Message 20 of 20
shinderu

At this moment, the root cause of this problem remains unclear. I understand your concerns and want to assure you that encountering such compatibility problems with our new updates is not a typical occurrence. However, please be assured that the team and I are diligently working to understand and avoid any such occurrence in future.

I appreciate your understanding and thanks again for bringing this matter to attention.

Thanks,

Rutuja Shinde

Senior QA Engineer

Autodesk, In

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report