Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Behavior

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
gavin.landon
194 Views, 3 Replies

Unexpected Behavior

I have a yearly subscription and I have the latest version.

I created a screen capture video of what I'm seeing.    I'm new to Fusion 360, but I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything to cause this unexpected behavior.

Screen Capture

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
  • bug
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You need to add a horizontal constraint between the circle centre and the origin. Although what you see is not perhaps the best solution it is correct and I expect the symmetry constraint is what creates the problem for the solver.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: gavin.landon

@gavin.landon 

Hi, and welcome to the group!

I'm very new to Fusion mysef, but a lot of the behavior is similar to Inventor which I know very well.  Your circle needs to be constrained to the horizontal origin line.  You visually placed it there and the snap made it appear to be locked there... but without an actual constraint, it can float off of that line.  You would need to prject that horizontal plane, and then either constrain or dimension to it the same as you did to the vertical origin.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 4 of 4

just another option. If you select the line then the circle centre this will force the dimension to be horizontal so you still have vertical movement if you need it. For example if you want to dimension the virtical offset later.

HughesTooling_0-1611324892925.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report