Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Behavior when Creating or Editing Motion limits

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ccox182VRDT
191 Views, 3 Replies

Unexpected Behavior when Creating or Editing Motion limits

I am attempting to create (or edit) this slider joint with a minimum position of 0mm, a maximum position of -3mm, and a rest of 0mm. Whenever I enter the number for one of the values, the other two change automatically like they are linked, but I see no option to disable linking, and honestly can't think why that would be useful. I am new to making motion joints in fusion, so I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something. 

I have noticed the same behavior with revolute joints, but was able to get past it by spamming values until they stopped updating themselves. I have also had this issue on two different computers. The issue seems to only occur with negative values, entering positive numbers works as expected (?)

See attached video for example

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: ccox182VRDT

When entering values in the Motion Link Dialog, you MUST always have the smallest "mathematical" number in the Minimum field.  Even if you think that your maximum movement is the larger number, if it is negative it is the smaller value.  For example, you want the maximum movement to be -5 and the minimum -1, the -5 value MUST be entered into the Minimum field.  This is why it seems linked to you.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: ccox182VRDT

think that Maximum always has to be bigger than Minimum (not in an absolute value sense, in a "number line" sense - Max must be to the right of Min).  When you try to set Min to -0.5, and Max to -3, that violates this restriction.  Try just reversing the values:  Min of -3, Max of -0.5

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 3.53.20 PM.png

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 4
ccox182VRDT
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thank you John and @jeff_strater 

That's a bit counterintutive but I understand why it is the way it is. Appreciate the quick help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report