Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to select after working between multiple programs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
350 Views, 3 Replies

unable to select after working between multiple programs

I have had an ongoing issue with Fusions 360 since day one.

If I am working in a sketch, and leave the application to go reference another window (eg emails) upon returning to the fusion window, all ability to select anything vanishes.

I can resolve this by exiting the sketch, and then editing the sketch again.

It is also and issue in regards to selecting faces or features while simply viewing the model in the workspace. Again if I leave the fusion window, and then return, all ability to select anything vanishes. 

I can resolve this issue by switching to a non model workspace, such as render, and then return.

It is highly frustrating and makes my workflow seem so sluggish. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pawel.potyrala
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

thanks for posting and for notifying us about this behavior! I tested it on my machine and could not reproduce it.

I would like to ask you for the following information:

1. Which OS and version are you using?
  2. Does this happen for a mouse / trackpad / both? Could you specify which device and model you are using?
  3. Does it persist after resetting the preferences to default (see: How to reset to the default display in Fusion 360)?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Paweł Potyrała
Technical Support Manager

Global Product Support
My Screencasts | Fusion 360 Webinars
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pawel.potyrala

Hi there

I am using the very latest version of Mac OS with the latest update. 

I have experienced this this issue both on my MacBook Pro using either the trackpad or an external wireless Logitech mouse. 

I have also also experienced the same issue on my iMac with both the apple wireless trackpad, and an external Logitech wireless mouse. 

I eill try resetting my preferences and get back to you. 

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pawel.potyrala

Hi,

I reset as described, but alas the issue still exists!

In fact since recent updates its actually gotten worse. Im going a bit crazy as i have to switch workspaces pretty much every 3 minutes just to keep working in the design workspace.

Anything you can do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report