Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save assembly - Error: source asset simulation studies in document XYZ has not referenced the target asset SimGenerativeModelSubtype in document XYZ

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Tobias-Vay
241 Views, 6 Replies

Unable to save assembly - Error: source asset simulation studies in document XYZ has not referenced the target asset SimGenerativeModelSubtype in document XYZ

Hello,

on my latest project I reached the point there I am not able to save the assembly any longer - most of the time: 

• Error (when trying to save): Source asset simulation studies in document XYZ has not referenced the target asset SimGenerativeModelSubtype in document XYZ
  • It is just a regular CAD assembly, no simulation, design history is currently disabled
  • The issue appeared after working with the file for several weeks on different PCs without any problems - I had the issue already 2 month ago but it disappeared completely over night for whatever reason.
  • Sometimes (not found a way to replicate the conditions yet) I can save little modifications like one simple hole -save - another one - save and then I am back with the error message again
  • Deleting every component, body and sketch and trying to save an empty assembly also does not work 
  • Same issue on 2 different machines
  • Fusion generally is kept up to date.
  • Re-installing Fusion did not help. 
  • Clearing local files did not help 
  • Re-naming / moving / copying the file did not help
  • Recovery files are being saved (guess because its on my PC not cloud) but anything that needs cloud saving does seem to produce the error message

I hope there is some fix, I already spend 2 days trying to troubleshoot this. The posts in the forum that were having similar issues were not giving me any more ideas than what I already tried.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
henderh
in reply to: Tobias-Vay

Hi @Tobias-Vay,

Could you share the model? I'll ask development to take a look.

• File > Share File Link > "Allow file to be downloaded"

Our apologies for the situation,

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 3 of 7
Tobias-Vay
in reply to: henderh

Hi @henderh ,

as this is company data I am not allowed to give you direct access unfortunately. Is there any metadata or so that I could provide which helps analyze the issue (e.g. specific log files)?

Message 4 of 7
henderh

Hi @Tobias-Vay,

I checked with development, and a thorough investigation would require getting a hold of the dataset.

However, there may be some useful information captured in the log file. To gather the info:

1. Open the design > Save to capture the error
  2. Go to the Help drop-down > Support and Diagnostics > Diagnostic Log Files
  3. A zip file with the logs will be created

Best regards,

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 5 of 7
Tobias-Vay

Hello,

I am currently on vacation but will provide the log when I am in the office and have access again next week.

Message 6 of 7
Tobias-Vay

@henderh logs have been attached here.

Updated Fusion today after a week of vacation and the issue is still there 

Message 7 of 7
Tobias-Vay

By now I have found some kind of pattern in regards to being able to save occasionally:

• Saving is only possible for the very first change to the model after opening it (e.g. extrude from sketch or combine bodies in my case) 
  • Any further manipulation on the model I am not able to save (just adding an empty sketch is already too much). 
  • Closing the file and re-opening it lets me save one change again without the error message popping up

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report