Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Hide or Show Components within Seperate Assemblies

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
SithechCustoms
519 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to Hide or Show Components within Seperate Assemblies

If I use a component and insert it into an assembly, I am unable to show/hide componts within the assembly for files that are “inserted” into the assembly.   I have to open the original file and hide/show components, sketches, bodies, construction geometry, etc. in order to make them hide/show in the external assembly file. Super cumbersome and inefficient. 

Very respectfully,

Michael L. Nicholas
Sithech Customs, LLC.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You should be able to hide/show components in linked assemblies, but not sketches, construction geometry etc.

Anyway, the many disadvantages of working with too many linked components are a good reason to re-evaluate if these are really necessary.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

I’m dealing with only 3 components here, nothing crazy, but they have complex geometries. When I’m setting up CAM and I want to 3D profile two similar but different halves of a assembly with 3D profiles in one piece of stock, there is a lot of geometry to choose in order to manipulate toolpaths appropriately. Why would it be unreasonable to expect that from within the CAM environment I could hide/show different components, bodies and sketches as necessary without having to reopen the individual part file every time I need to see or not see something? This case has nothing to do with how many or few pieces are in an assembly, as it could be as little as 2.
Very respectfully,

Michael L. Nicholas
Sithech Customs, LLC.
Message 4 of 5

I did not say that it is unreasonable 😉  That applies more to the limitations in Fusion 360.

Also I was not aware that you are alike about the CAM environment.the behavior there might be different. I cannot comment on that a I don't work in CAM environment.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Phil.E
in reply to: SithechCustoms

@SithechCustoms

Hi, thanks for posting.

There are currently a few limits on what can be toggled on and off, but I am unaware of any problems with component visibility in CAM, inside xref components. Are you talking only about body and sketch visibility?

This is something we plan to change, so thanks for posting and adding your feedback.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report