Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to fold twice

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
l.hutcheson1
236 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to fold twice

97FB8589-2AA0-4624-AB15-517E30772F64.jpeg

Ive created a simple sheet metal design that should fold around inwards. However, the red and yellow folds cannot be folded at the same time, regardless of which one comes first, but can be folded individually. This error is independent of wether the blue area is folded, or if the holes are present or not. The error states “Body would self interect, try increasing Bend radius or reducing Bend angle.”, and if the bend is flipped, it states it cannot create new geometry. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hamid.sh.
in reply to: l.hutcheson1

If possible please attach your file here (as .f3d file), so others can help better. Or at least provide a clear screenshot of top view. 

Hamid
Message 3 of 6

Why not model in finished state?

As suggested, Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

BTW - you can use the Windows commands Shift Win S and Ctrl v to grab clear screen shots and Paste.

Message 4 of 6
l.hutcheson1

I've linked the .f3d file below:

Message 5 of 6
hamid.sh.

Firstly, your base sketch is very crowded and underdefined. Secondly, you're making your modeling of sheet metal much harder by not using Flange feature to calculate required miter and corner relieves automatically. You can start with a simple, fully-defined sketch and use Flange to get the final shape, then Unfold it to make holes and any other cut you want.

Screenshot 2022-02-04 093304.png

File is attached. I have done it with basic flange options, you can adjust them to match it to your goal completely. Also I haven't added all the holes, you can include them in the Unfold/Refold sequence.

Hamid
Message 6 of 6
l.hutcheson1
in reply to: hamid.sh.

Thanks for your reply, the problem is now solved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report