Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to edit previously designed sketches using dimension tool or adding lines

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
268 Views, 4 Replies

unable to edit previously designed sketches using dimension tool or adding lines

Hi, for some reason I cant interact with some of the sketches I've designed in Fusion 360 and I don't know why? For my base sketch I have no issue contributing to the design and altering it. However, for the face and Entrance and face the sketch tool acts like I'm creating a whole new sketch over the top of it. What have I done and how can I fix it?

P.S. that upload bar seems to be broken and is trying to download my small outworld version 3, does that have anything to do with it? 

Thank you so much in advance. 

Regards,

Aengus

Bad SketchBad SketchGood SketchGood Sketch

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

It would be very helpful if you could attach your Fusion 360 file to your question so others can troubleshoot it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

Hi Jhackney, there should now be an attached Fusion file for troubleshooting 
Thank you for your response 

Message 4 of 5
jeff_strater
in reply to: Anonymous

@aengusdh , the problem with those sketches is that the geometry is not on the sketch plane.  You can only dimension/constrain, etc geometry which is on the sketch plane.  Use the "Move to Sketch Plane" command to correct this.  If you want the sketch to be on a different plane, create it on an offset workplane, to make sure you have 2D geometry.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

Thanks Jeff, that makes heaps of sense. I really appreciate your support and response time as well. 

Thank you!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report