Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to 3d sketch

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
candgbaker
1078 Views, 7 Replies

Unable to 3d sketch

I have selected enable 3d in preferences and on sketch palette. however when I draw a line from the origin I have no Z axis. Only the X and Y are displayed.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jhackney1972
in reply to: candgbaker

While in a 3D sketch and in an isometric view, can you capture your entire Fusion 360 screen and post it?

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 8
HughesTooling

You need to enable 3d sketch before selecting a sketch tool, if you have a sketch tool selected first you don't get the 3d axis.

If you enable 3d sketch then select the line tool for example you should get this.

HughesTooling_0-1683115180899.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8

@candgbaker 

If you reboot the computer - does this unexpected behavior persist?

Message 5 of 8
candgbaker

Enclosed is screenshot of my 3D print screen. Rebooting did not help, I cannot even draw on other planes for a 3D sketch.

Message 6 of 8
jhackney1972

When you are in the mode, you are showing in the screen capture with the line command active, go up to the View Cube and hover your mouse cursor over it.  The hold down your left mouse button to move the view off of the plane you are currently showing.  You should see your other axis on your 3D sketch origin.

3D Axis.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 7 of 8
candgbaker
in reply to: jhackney1972

Of Course, What a dummy I am, think outside the square. Reply accepted
Message 8 of 8
maduna_mario
in reply to: jhackney1972

Recently I started modeling a car with 3D sketching method and all of a sudden I can't do it any more even though 3D sketch is checked. I move the view point from where to start but when I want to continue from another view point I can't and the spline lines are green when drawn. It's like 3D sketch is disabled but it isn't I don't know what to do because I was doing very well and now this happened. Here is also a video on youtube so you can see what am I talking about: https://youtu.be/l-8ebepUTVg8ebepUTVg&ab_channel=MarioMaduna

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report