Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning "extrusion" into a body?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
plowry01
123 Views, 1 Reply

Turning "extrusion" into a body?

After importing a step, saving as fusion, then reopening I'm attempting to extrude new bodies.

What I get is these frustrating "extrusion" 's instead of new bodies. What on earth are these and how do I turn them into proper bodies? I cannot turn them on or off individually.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jhackney1972
in reply to: plowry01

When you open (import) a STEP model into Fusion, it comes in as a Direct Model.  What you need to do is turn on Capture Design History so you will create parametric bodies and not direct model features.  You will notice that your do not have a Timeline at the bottom of the design screen to record your actions.  To turn Capture Design History on, right click on the top line of the Browser, labeled Unsaved in your graphic and choose the command at the bottom of the resulting context menu.

Capture Design History after STP Import.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report