Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Appearing as Squares on Mac OSX Catalina + Fusion 360 v2.0.6263

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
csmillie
495 Views, 2 Replies

Text Appearing as Squares on Mac OSX Catalina + Fusion 360 v2.0.6263

Hi,

I'm having a problems with text not rendering properly on Catalina 10.15.3 and Fusion 360 v2.0.6263.  When I used the Ariel and many other fonts I get nothing but squares showing in the screenshot here:

Screenshot 2020-02-18 10.43.34.png

Changing the font to Helvatica Neue ( Helvatica shows squares too ) causes the text to render properly:

Screenshot 2020-02-18 10.43.50.png

I found an open issue that this appeared during the Catalina beta but the OS is now production and I'm unsure how to resolve this but happy to debug if required.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: csmillie

Normally when the text squares appear, the font is not available.  You have seen this already when you switched fonts.  Fusion 360 does not contain any fonts, it only uses your system fonts.  Check your system fonts for the availability of the font producing just the empty squares.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
csmillie
in reply to: jhackney1972

The fonts all available fine in all other applications.  Some of the fonts effected are Mac OSX system fonts, like Helvetica ( but not Helvetica Neue ) so it seems to be an issue with Fusion 360 access to the fonts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report