Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep Tangent Issues

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
917 Views, 5 Replies

Sweep Tangent Issues

So, I'm missing something and it maybe very basic but I'm still struggling; I created a specific curve and a specific shape I want to sweep along the curve. When I go sweep the shape, if it's not a 'Tangent' issue it's something else. I can create a square or other shapes and it sweeps as it should, but I cannot for the life of me get this specific shape to sweep. What am I missing? File attached.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
davebYYPCU
in reply to: Anonymous

Works for me, even with the unconstrained sketches.  There are too many white dots in your sketches, I'll presume they are imported sketches.  

Swpdir.PNG

The Tangent error is likely from perpendicular setting, I have it working with parallel

Might help....

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Than you. Generally, I just jump into a sketch with dimensions. This project I have canvases to base my sketches off of and for some reason I'm having a harder time haha. I'll have to clean it up a bit.

Thanks again

Message 4 of 6
davebYYPCU

Apologies, I would balk at 21 arcs to dimension, too.

Your canvass was blank in the download, but surely the path could have been a Spline?

Splnwd.PNG

Message 5 of 6
HughesTooling

Is there a reason you're using arcs rather than splines? The surface from all those arcs is pretty ugly.

image.png

From splines it's a lot cleaner. I couldn't make out your canvases so just traced your sketch. I've attached my design.

image.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
HughesTooling
in reply to: davebYYPCU

@davebYYPCU wrote:

Your canvass was blank in the download, but surely the path could have been a Spline?

There is something on the canvases but very hard to make out!

image.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report