Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuttering and Freezing (Slow performance) since last update 2.0.13168?

40 REPLIES 40
SOLVED
Message 1 of 41
FusionFan3000
2295 Views, 40 Replies

Stuttering and Freezing (Slow performance) since last update 2.0.13168?

Dear all, anyone else noticing this?

I'm not sure if it's since the last update, but only within the last 1 week or maybe 2 weeks have I noticed that Fusion360 stutters/lags or freezes in these situations:

Issues observed:

• When I middle click my mouse button and drag my mouse to orbit around my model, there is a 1/4th second delay/stutter, and then it starts orbiting, after which it is smooth.
  • When in Sketch view (even if it's a brand new document with no other files open), creating lines, clicking on points, etc. has a noticeable, consistent lag throughout. I feel like I'm using a Windows 98 computer to run Fusion360 (extreme over exaggeration, but essentially it's not smooth)
  • If a document I'm working on has a component that was updated elsewhere, and when I right click->"Update to Latest Version", the green loading bar that appears at the bottom right freezes, causing Fusion360 to crash. I have to open up the task manager and it takes several tries to End Process on Fusion360 before it closes. When I open Fusion360 again, thankfully it was able to save a recovery file, though it doesn't give me a crash report to send. The second time around, if I'm patient, the "update latest" will typically work.

Specs:

• Fusion360 version: 2.0.13168
  • Windows version: Windows 10 Pro 21H2 x86_64 (19044.1706)
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz
  • Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 (I updated the driver yesterday to driver version 512.95 in hopes it would fix the issue, but the Fusion360 issues persisted before and after the driver update)
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Hard Drive: nvme SSD
  • Fusion360 automatically sets the DirectX level to DirectX 11. I have never changed it, so haven't bothered adjusting it (my thinking being, why should I change it if it's always worked fine thus far?)

Notes:

• All of these experiences are vastly different from what I have experienced with Fusion360 in the past, using the exact same files and computer. (I wouldn't say any of the files are extremely complex).
  • Additionally, to my knowledge, I haven't changed anything in my setup, and everything was fine prior to a week or more ago. (actually I hadn't used Fusion360 since May 17th, prior to that it was fine).
  • CPU usage is under 30% while using Fusion360
  • Memory usage caps at around 60% or 9.4GB used out of 16GB used
  • Restarting doesn't solve the problem
  • Disk Usage generally around 1%
  • Screencast attached, depicting stuttering while orbiting and lag while in sketch view

Any advice is appreciated!

Edit: in case the screencast isn't showing up, here is the link: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/screencast/Main/Details/ce5ad...

Labels (2)
40 REPLIES 40
Message 41 of 41
LishuangLu
in reply to: FusionFan3000

Hi all, 

Here's an update in terms of the slowness caused by enabling G-Sync for NVIDIA card which were reported by you in this thread. NVIDIA released a new driver 517.40 on Sep 20th. It is highly recommended to upgrade to this driver if you are having the slow performance issue with NVIDIA cards and re-enabling G-Sync. 

Here are the drivers:

Geforce: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/193235/en-us/
Quadro: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/193171/en-us/

Please let us know if it can work for you. 

Thanks for your support as always!

Regards, 

-Lisa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report