Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static Stress Steel Bending Under Load Of Gravity

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
garettpw464E4
90 Views, 1 Reply

Static Stress Steel Bending Under Load Of Gravity

I am trying to run a static stress simulation on a shelf assembly.  The shelf assembly is steel and has two shelves.  Both of the shelves are the same material and the same dimensions.  However one is deflecting and one is not.  When I add a load the top shelf sags and stretches signifigantly while the lower shelf does not deflect nearly as much under the same load.  Am I doing something wrong?

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
henderh
in reply to: garettpw464E4

Hi @garettpw464E4,

I wonder if there are contacts the bottom shelf has which are missing for the top shelf.

An easy way to check is right-click on a top shelf body in the browser or canvas > Select Related Contacts. This will open the Contacts Manager displaying all contacts associated with the body. If you find there are contacts missing, they can be added directly from the Contacts Manager dialog using the "Create Contact Set" button.

If this doesn't solve the issue, please attach the f3d design and I'll be happy to take a look.

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report