Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Fusion kills my internet connection

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tonySWCR2
200 Views, 1 Reply

Starting Fusion kills my internet connection

Something very strange has started happening in the last week. 

I can be connected to the internet (wifi) and be using it with various programs on my windows 10 laptop for any amount of time. If I start up Fusion 360, everything seems normal but if I go to use another program with the internet, for example Chrome, it has no connection to a DNS server. This is the same whether I am using another browser, or an app that uses the internet such as Outlook or Slack, they report no connection. The Wifi is still connected at the point and windows troubleshooter finds no problem. I am able to ping googles DNS fine from the cmd line.

Initially I did not realise that Fusion set it off so did a lot of troubleshooting on the DNS browser error. However, if I close Fusion and restart the computer it goes back to working. As soon as I open Fusion, no internet. I cannot use Fusion either, sometimes I seem to get 10 mins of being able to open files but after that it looses connection itself. 

I have followed this guide. Uninstalled Fusion and reinstalled, deleted all mentions of Fusion from the firewall and re-added when prompted, tried to run it with the firewall switched off, checked the application log files. Nothing seems to be working. 

Anyone have any ideas as to what I should try next?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tonySWCR2
in reply to: tonySWCR2

It appears now, once Fusion reports no connection to the internet, I cannot ping the DNS. Wifi states: Connected, no internet. No amount of connecting or disconnecting whilst Fusion is running will make in connect. Close fusion and it will reconnect. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report