Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Bodies Won't Combine or move to touch

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
lawrence_aaron12
121 Views, 1 Reply

Solid Bodies Won't Combine or move to touch

I've done some reading and check and I think what I need to do is get the bodies to touch so they can join, when I I do an inspect between the two bodies it looks like the distance between them is 3.44E-05 mm, which is incredibly small, but not touching.

How do I go about removing the distance between the two objects? I think my issue has stemmed from my workflow (Sketch -> Body -> Component  instead of Component (active) -> Sketch -> Body) and in the future I can correct it, but for this project I really don't want to have to do all the work again and I am very new to fusion 360 and any other advice is welcome. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Your single body model is attached.  I just turned off the lower body, and use the Offset Face command, on the face shown, to make it .5mm longer.  It will combine with the lower piece so you will not notice it.

Offset Face to Combine.jpg

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report