Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft Lock On Text Entry In Drawing

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Robert-FreEnergy
159 Views, 2 Replies

Soft Lock On Text Entry In Drawing

This may be caused by the same problem that is covered in another post here about locking up on changing the name of a drawing, if so please let me know and I will mark the thread solved.

Below is an image of the screen. In this state nothing is selectable, neither does right-click bring up a menu, I can't even use the "X" to close the whole application.

To get here I copied some text from a notepad doc into the text box, then I clicked and dragged over the "2." of the "2.5" in the height field of the text properties box and then hit the delete key.

RobertFreEnergy_0-1717172879478.png

If I right click on the application in the windows taskbar and select close, sometimes it asks me if I want to save the document but then it doesn't let me interact with any buttons to say yes, sometimes I get this:

RobertFreEnergy_1-1717173027546.png

To get rid of that, I have to manually kill the process in taskmanager.

I've tried to run the service utility to get my system info but for some reason when I go to add / remove programs and select modify, it flashes a box on the screen for a second, but otherwise does nothing. Holding CONTROL + SHIFT whilst opening fusion doesn't open it either.

I have attached the model that this drawing is of as the drawing itself was lost when I force closed fusion, however, this has certainly not been limited to this model.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hey @Robert-FreEnergy,

Thanks for reporting this. It's not related to the other thread, appreciate you weighing in there as well.
This seems to be the same as longer standing issue that is user specific (meaning reproducing is nearly impossible) with text and scale changes. We've pushed updates that have helped some and not others.

I have tagged the QA for this issue and copied their requests from the other thread here;

Sorry to hear that the issue still happens in your side. We made some improvement from user's dump files, which was to reduce the frequency of this issue. The final solution is still WIP.  Internal tickets are FDWG-18336 and FDWG-18337.

"Can you pls create mini dump files from both AcCoreConsole.exe and Fusion.exe (open process-explorer along with Fusion, then create dump files when issue happens), and share the files? You can also send them via mail. My mail address is 'Liang.chen@autodesk.com'. Thanks for your suport."

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer 

Thanks,

Kyle Williams
Senior Customer Advocacy Manager - Design and Documentation
Ontario, Canada

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 3

Hi Kyle, thanks for your response. 

Glad to hear it's on your radar, I appreciate that this would be a difficult one to pin down.

I'll try a clean install next week and see if that clears things up.

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report