Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.sldprt to f360

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
55945 Views, 9 Replies

.sldprt to f360

I have read the net and watched the videos on youtube but I get all the way to uploading the .sldprt file and it finishes then I can't bring it into F360. If I double click it it opens a webpage to view it or if I even click the open context menu when I right click the item. How in the world do I get the file into the current F360 version?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
wmhazzard
in reply to: Anonymous

If you have a free version of Fusion then you can't open Solidworks files. You can open a STEP file though if you can get the part in that format or if you cant, then upload the file to GrabCad and then download it back as a STEP file. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: wmhazzard

You sure could before and I even see videos (older ones) about Solidworks to Fusion 360 and they all show loading the Solidworks parts and assemblies. Yes, it is on the free version as most videos about F360, that I watch at least, are for the DIY types.
Message 4 of 10
jeff_strater

The licensing model for Fusion changed fairly recently.  See this article for more information:  Fusion-360-Free-License-Changes 

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

Piss on them then but I do thank you.
Message 6 of 10
jeff_strater

It has been pointed out by others here that Grabcad (www.grabcad.com) will translate .sldprt to STEP, which is supported by the Personal license in Fusion.  I don't know the details, as I've never done it myself, but might be worth looking into.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 7 of 10

As of June 1st, 2023, GrabCAD Workbench has been discontinued/retired. There is no reliable software to translate sldprt file to STEP/STP file formats

(For us electronics engineers/hobbyists - who are also involved in making enclosures for the PCBs we create, or, if we want to quickly check the clearance of a module, non availability of reliable converters is quite a let down)

Message 8 of 10

@vmenonsandeep wrote:

There is no reliable (free) software to translate sldprt file to STEP/STP file formats

@vmenonsandeep 

I think you left out a keyword in your problem description.

I edited to correct.

Message 9 of 10
jetjaguar5

Free is a bit of a misnomer. It's odd that a person needs to spend $700 to convert one file. That's not complaining about 'free". That's a lockout.

Message 10 of 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report