Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch dimensions not visible on macOS Catalina Beta 2 - Fusion 2.0.5827

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
MartinMajewski
1098 Views, 13 Replies

Sketch dimensions not visible on macOS Catalina Beta 2 - Fusion 2.0.5827

I don't know if the upgrade to Catalina (Beta 1 and 2) or one of the last updates to Fusion caused this issue but maybe it is worth looking into it before Catalina becomes released?!

When sketching and applying dimensions to the sketch, the dimension's labels are not visible after entering the value. However, it is still possible to edit the value which is preserved between edits.

Screenshot 2019-06-21 at 12.52.56.png

Screenshot 2019-06-21 at 12.53.08.png

Am I the only one having this issue or am I too stupid to use the search function here?

Best wishes,
Martin

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: MartinMajewski

I am having this issue as well. I hope there's a fix ASAP!

Message 3 of 14
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I am having this issue as well. I hope there's a fix ASAP!

The fix is: Don't use a BETA!

EESignature

Message 4 of 14
bmxjeff
in reply to: TrippyLighting

No sketch Dimensions, I can't start a Drawing from a Model, can't see Assets for CAM unless they are Reloaded. Like Post processors. 90% okay : )

Jeff Hooper (Owner)
Hooper Machine and Design
[X] AUTODESK AMATUR ORDINARY
Message 5 of 14
GRSnyder
in reply to: MartinMajewski

I'm seeing this behavior (no dimension values) as well, in Catalina beta 6 (Fusion 360 2.0.6231). Apple's fall event is reportedly happening on September 10 - we're getting perilously close to the (likely) release of Catalina for this to still be happening.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: GRSnyder

Yes we a now weeks away from release of Catalina and still the bug is present in the latest Fusion 360 update.Screenshot 2019-09-06 at 16.29.58.pngScreenshot 2019-09-06 at 16.30.56.pngScreenshot 2019-09-06 at 16.31.38.png

Message 7 of 14
Stuart-H

The correct time to complain is when os10.15 come out of beta , I think that users should realise that firms have no reason to support unreleased operating systems 

BTW. There are lot more things that do not work inc drawings complete crash but I know the guidon team are well aware of the short. Comings  at this time I am confident that a update will be released after os10.15 goes public 

they do take note of the crash reports ( you do send them in don’t you) 

wait 14 days if it’s still no worky I will be on the tinternet complaining about it but for now just relax and wait good things will come your way

caveat emptor take extreme care using beta os there is a lot still wrong with it 

Mac Studio M1Max and MacBook Pro M1
Message 8 of 14
bmxjeff
in reply to: Stuart-H

Yeah, Drawings is a 90% fail : ) But, I knew there would be problems going into Beta. CAM works very well. Catalina has changed on each Beta release. So, they can't fix all the bugs until they know exactly what they are dealing with : ) 

I installed Parallels so I could get a drawing done when I needed. 

Jeff Hooper (Owner)
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Stuart-H

No!!!

This is the whole purpose of the beta.

The correct time to complain is when you see the problem, so that it gets fixed before the final version is shipped.

Besides, Apples Beta software is usually more stable that Microsoft's three year old releases.

Message 10 of 14
bmxjeff

Catalina has not been stable until the last couple of releases... for me. iCloud was not playing nice. : ) My Desktop files would disappear... I still can't access some iCloud files from the Mac and I did a Clean install!  

Based on the Past, they will not support Catalina until it's Official. Maybe a week passed it's release. : (

Best we can do is what @Stuart-H said, Report errors with detailed explanations. 

Anyone else using Sidecar with Fusion? The apple pencil makes it possible to hit all the buttons. Pretty slick. 

Jeff Hooper (Owner)
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: bmxjeff

Same issue on beta 7. Just want to make sure the devs are aware the issue is ongoing. I'm aware of the issues related with beta software, but the devs need to know ahead of release. 

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

This is now fixed along with text tool not showing fonts 🙂

Screenshot 2019-09-24 at 07.10.32.pngScreenshot 2019-09-24 at 07.10.24.pngScreenshot 2019-09-24 at 07.11.26.png

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

I'll give it a try. This is great news! Was this a part of a new fusion or macos update?

Message 14 of 14
GRSnyder

It's working fine for me now. Thanks for fixing this!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report