Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simualtions stuck at 20% meshing, fails

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
infoTLPNR
206 Views, 1 Reply

Simualtions stuck at 20% meshing, fails

I have a series of simulations of long (±2200mm) thin walled (±3mm) plastic parts. The simulation is a simple static stress with a load of 200N. The different parts are all just variants to test out different concepts.

When I made them originally (December 2021) I had no issues whatsoever to run them with all the default settings.

If I now rerun the simulations, none of them work. I get loads of meshing errors (self intersection, face interior, unspecified,...) and when I tweak some settings (element size, linear/parabolic,...) usually the simulation gets stuck on 20% meshing. Letting it run for >12h then also ends in failure with the same errors.

infoTLPNR_0-1654758816684.png

infoTLPNR_0-1654760920508.png

Anyone else having issues with static stress simulations?

Can I downgrade to the version of 12/2021 to test if the simulations still work in that version?

I would need to be sure that the results are compatible with the ones I did months ago since I need to compare results and I don't want to redo all the models.

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Phil.E
in reply to: infoTLPNR

This is a known issue that should be addressed in the next major release. Sorry for any inconvenience until that happens.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report