Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending files

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
661 Views, 9 Replies

Sending files

How does one send a design to the forum by reguest from davebYYPCU?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
g-andresen
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

this way:

sharing data.png

günther

Message 3 of 10
davebYYPCU

Sorry, last week that file came through ok, you did it - same as Gunther said, 

but you can also File > Export - it will save to your hard drive,

Then in the section below this window, there is an Attachments section, select the files off the hard drive, attaches it to the next message.  Sometime a paper clip icon sometimes a Browse button.

Exporting works for standalone files, without inserted designs in them.  They hare to be done as Gunther says, with a link reference, either way is ok with me.

Might help...

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: g-andresen

I hope this works.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Message 6 of 10
davebYYPCU

Ok, got the link, can see it in A360.  I have to order a download by email, and that always fails my end, my ISP drama.

Some files come with Open in Fusion button, they work, but email is not so good. 

Will be back if I get the email link to work, I will say so.

Only 7 now, other one was 9 cylinder, master rod looks good, and we have a case and crankshaft - good progress.

I also have a message to reboot Fusion for upgrade, will do that fingers crossed.

Back soon.

Edit;  Half hour - no email notice - but as said, these are not so reliable.  Reboot worked.

Message 7 of 10
davebYYPCU

I have been able to get the file, has crashed my computer when trying to go to the end of timeline,

Will see what you are doing, first impression, blue sketch lines, and bodies without sketches on them.

Lots of yellow and some red timeline icons, so joints will likely fail from theses warnings.

Will see if I can work out fixes and tidy up..... 

Message 8 of 10
davebYYPCU

Won't say it was easy.  Was Alignment, nothing lined up.

It works with revolves, but your file may never work, I have only done the Master rod, because the 6 slave Cylinder sets will need just one and can then pattern the other 6 components. 

Rule #1, check it out. 

Blue lines should keep you awake at night.

Alignments.PNG

I redrew the case, and barrel as far as you had them, Case is not hollowed,

The MasterRod was where all the trouble was coming from, somehow it was twisted the holes were not parallel.

the rest are your parts, so with moves and Capture Positions removed I have one cut and paste error.

All your parts should stay aligned to the origin of it's own component, and even better aligned to the file origin.

Hide the parts as you finish them, no need to move them away to build it. Use Joint instead.

Joints, - behind the scenes, Joints use origins, to make things line up.  You had moved things off an origin in 2 and sometimes 3 planes.  Isn't needed, A radial runs on the centreline of the barrels.  I just could not use much of your file the way it was, and got my new parts done with your sketches or dimensions. 

Fixed the file and return for you to go through, step up the timeline.  Hide the case then

Open the joints, Animate Model for the last revolve.

Not a beginner project.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Thank you very much, Dave.

Message 10 of 10
davebYYPCU

The easy part is done, where you will get to - then the accessories to come.

After I made this I updated the file to cut the case - holes for the pistons.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report