Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second setup on two sided part doesnt seem oriented correctly.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ronnieperrin
434 Views, 6 Replies

Second setup on two sided part doesnt seem oriented correctly.

I have a part I am working on and once I created the second setup to do the second side it seems to be oriented differently even though everything looks to be correct within the setups. Has anyone else seen this or have any insight into what the issue might be?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi @ronnieperrin

Can you post your file? Without it, it's hard to tell what the issue is. Once you post it I can open it up and take a look at it.

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 3 of 7

Do I just export the .f3d file @karina.harper?

Message 4 of 7

@ronnieperrin

Yes that works, or you can post a public link. Here are some instructions:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How...

Karina Harper

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 5 of 7

@karina.harper

I think this should work. Thanks!

https://a360.co/2DgLIWD

Message 6 of 7

Hey @ronnieperrin,

Thanks for providing your file!

To restate the question: why is the stock oriented slightly differently in your two setups?

The answer lies in the edges you used as references for the setups. One of your lines is not perpendicular to the other (and not parallel to the other edge you referenced as X for your other setup).

Does that make sense? Let me know if it doesn't and I can make a screencast. Smiley Happy

20190115-9.gif

20190115-8.PNG

Karina Harper

Message 7 of 7

Thank you very much @karina.harper. Very appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report