Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revolving assembly

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jmackniak
258 Views, 4 Replies

revolving assembly

I received an email from Autodesk Instructables that highlighted a small parts storage carousel and i decided to  design something i can build with some 3/4" plywood i have laying around.  Some of you may have gotten the same email today. round storage.jpg

The design is pretty straight forward.  2 legs as a base, 2 wheel that spin on a dowel, 8 trays and  I added a 2" 1/4-20 bolt too.

I am trying to get the assembly to work together and I am having a heck of a time figuring out what is wrong.  The wheels revolve and the trays are supposed to go around with the wheels and not spill.   If you look at the file, I cant get the 2nd wheel to "attach' to the other side of the tray and  have the 2 wheels  rotate evenly.   

the file is attached.

rounder.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jeff_strater
in reply to: jmackniak

you just need to add a motion link between two of your Revolute joints:

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 5
jeff_strater
in reply to: jeff_strater

I also realized that a couple more joints are needed to complete the assembly.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 5
jmackniak
in reply to: jeff_strater

Thank you for the help- it was just what i needed.  I have another question now that this first tray is in place with the joints etc.  how to i copy all of  that work  ?  the revolve pattern only allows me to copy the components and not the joints.  Will i need to go through and reassemble all the  joints?

Message 5 of 5
jeff_strater
in reply to: jmackniak

yes, unfortunately, today you will have to re-create the joints for each tray instance.  We are working on a "copy with joints" capability that will make this easier in the future, but today, you will have to do it manually.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report