Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result-body in Sculpt blocking view to modify sculpt-body

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
cassine.weaver
556 Views, 13 Replies

Result-body in Sculpt blocking view to modify sculpt-body

Hi!

This problem just recently popped up.  When I used to enter Sculpt Environment I only saw the sculpt-body and I could manipulate body just fine.  Recently something changed, perhaps during a software update, and now I have a result-body that is blocking my view of the sculpt-body.  I've searched online, searched on here and toggled different settings in Fusion to get the result-body to go away.  I've tried everything and I'm pulling my hair out over this.  Can someone please tell me how to get rid of this result-body please?  It would be greatly appreciated!

fusion sculpt problem.png

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Bump hoping someone will see this with a solution.  I would greatly appreciate it!

Message 3 of 14

we will probably need to see the model to help most efficiently.  The first thing to check is whether this setting is on or off:  Show Ghosted Result Body

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 10.14.43 AM.png

Are you sure that the body that is in the way is the result body of the T-Spline you are trying to edit?  Also, it looks like you have a section analysis enabled - is that intentional?

but, sharing the design is the easiest way to figure out what is going on here.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 14

I have had ghosted bodies turned on and off.  No difference.  Yes, I'm sure that the result-body is of the t-spline body I'm editing.  I put the section analysis on so it would be easier to see what I'm talking about.

Message 5 of 14

I've tried to upload the file but it's not letting me for some reason.  How can I get you a copy of the file so you can check it out?  Thanks in advance!

Message 6 of 14

OK, thanks for checking that.  Can you share your model?  Not sure what else might be going on, but seeing the model will help.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 7 of 14

Sure I don't mind sharing it.  Just don't know how to go about doing that.

Message 8 of 14

Sorry, our posts crossed.  See this for how to share the design:  how to share a design in Fusion.  Use the "share public link" approach, and post the link here, or send it to me via Private Message.  Thanks!

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 9 of 14

Thanks!  I sent you a PM.

Message 10 of 14

thanks for your patience, @cassine.weaver, and thanks for the model.  I was able to figure out what the issue was.  Towards the end of your design, there is a Combine feature which combines that body with a body that is owned by the root component.  Because that solid body has been moved into the root component, it is shown when rolled back to edit the Form feature.  The way around it is to just change the target and tool body, so that the solid body is still owned by the "canopy (1)" component.

here is a screencast, with audio:

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 11 of 14

Thank you Jeff!  I'll change how that combine function is done later tonight and let you know how it goes.  I didnt realize that the software would act this way.  I'll be more careful next time.  Thanks for your time and I'll let you know how this solution works later tonight.

Thanks again!

Message 12 of 14

@cassine.weaver wrote:

I didnt realize that the software would act this way.  

Looking through the timeline in Jeff's screencast I believe that also applies to other areas in your design. For example all the yellow highlighted features in the timeline have a warning associated with them. With that many warnings in he timeline this can cause designs to become not only slow, but somewhat unpredictable. You should try to fix the causes for these wanrings.

The other thing that is indicates a problem to me is the staggering amount of move features in the timeline.

That means you have either moved faces, or bodies. In a parametric design either of these should be used only rarely. I cannot provide any deeper insight without looking as the design. myself, but you should definitely give that some thought.

EESignature

Message 13 of 14

That was it Jeff!  Thank you for your time!

Message 14 of 14

Thanks.  I'm not worried about the yellow items.  The moves are necessary for this to get things in the right spot.  It is what it is.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report