Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reordering components in the browser

35 REPLIES 35
SOLVED
Message 1 of 36
markD2LV3
20440 Views, 35 Replies

Reordering components in the browser

Hi,

Is there a way to reorder components in the browser?

I don't mean the history, just simply the top to bottom order of components in the browser, for an arrangement that would be logical to the current design and easy to follow visually.

I'd like to be able to drag them up or down to their "proper" place in the browser, if possible.

Thanks.

35 REPLIES 35
Message 2 of 36
sanket223.patil
in reply to: markD2LV3

Hello @markD2LV3

I just tried out .  Yes you can change the order of bodies . But not of components , I can't Tell why not components .

Sanket Patil
Mechanical Engineering
Expert Elite
Message 3 of 36
markD2LV3
in reply to: sanket223.patil

Thanks.

Message 4 of 36
TrippyLighting

The components appear in the bowser in the order they wer created and that matches with her appearance in teh timeline. It is currently not possible to change the order.

However, if you have a number of components that you feel you want to locate Ito a subassembly (component group) you can create a new, empty component and move existing components into that new component, which then forms an assembly (the icon changes). That can only be done when you are at the end of the timeline.

EESignature

Message 5 of 36
markD2LV3
in reply to: TrippyLighting

A great tip, thank you very much, Peter.

Message 6 of 36
fransK4AG9

I found, that you can re-arrange the icons in the design history timeline. 
So if you find the icons for the creation of your components, you can rearrange them on the timeline, and the order in the browser will update. You get the earliest timeline event on top of the browser list ~;~

Message 7 of 36
markD2LV3
in reply to: fransK4AG9

I think it works up to a point. I tried it quickly in a fairly simple file and it did not work. But the jury is still out. Thank you for your message.

Message 8 of 36
mika.takalo

Two years from this question. Is there any improvements came yet to this one? Solution is not really good solution.

Message 9 of 36
Cave_Master
in reply to: mika.takalo

Bump.  Will there be a way to drag and re-organize the browser/component tree?

Message 10 of 36
mika.takalo
in reply to: Cave_Master

At least linked items should be possible to organize how ever we want. That should not be problem to implement, because those parts/sub-assemblies wont have any parent data in the current timeline.

Message 11 of 36
mika.takalo

I usually add fasteners(linked parts) as last on to my assembly, so it would be nice if those can be organized and maybe also put in the one "FOLDER" to keep assembly browser even a little bit more shorter.

Message 12 of 36
g-andresen

Hi,

@mika.takalo wrote:

...so it would be nice if those can be organized and maybe also put in the one "FOLDER" 

You can already do this by creating empty folders (primary or in an assembly) and moving the screws ... into them

günther

Message 13 of 36
mika.takalo
in reply to: g-andresen

How? I know how to make sub-assemblies, but I do not know how to create folders.

Message 14 of 36
g-andresen

Hi,

@mika.takalo wrote:

How? I know how to make sub-assemblies, but I do not know how to create folders.

oh sorry, I meant "component".

günther

Message 15 of 36
mika.takalo

It will mess up my BOM, making a component from set of fasteners is not a good idea.

Message 16 of 36
g-andresen

Hi,

have you already looked at the new options for BOM?

all level.png

günther

Message 17 of 36
mika.takalo

Yes, bom is no longer fit on the screen when changing that one...because I have multiple sub-assys in my main assy.

Message 18 of 36
MaxHugen

I'm still a novice, but as I'm just getting to grips with "best practice", I would find a way to re-order components very helpful as well.
Message 19 of 36

I found a work-around: Instead of batch converting to components, convert them one at a time in the order you prefer. First time I've ever been able to contribute. 🙂

Message 20 of 36
joeEVLJ4
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Doesn't work.  Dragged a selection of components to the new, empty one and nothing happens.  Not even an error message.   

The browser needs a lot of improvements.  Start pushing your product managers to think about usability.  Maybe hire a UX designer instead of more engineers? 

--Joe Urban
System: CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7920X CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s).
MB: X299 XPOWER GAMING AC (MS-7A91)
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Virtual Memory 32.7 GB
Water cooled

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report