Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remapping shortcut keys to mouse buttons

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tim.brammer00
4172 Views, 3 Replies

Remapping shortcut keys to mouse buttons

Good evening,

I'm quite new to Fusion 360. I recently bought a mouse with extra buttons and now I am wondering if it is possible to map some of the shortcuts to these buttons? For example, it would be really helpful if I could carry out the "measure" command using one of the buttons on the mouse instead of the "i" key. 

The mouse is a Logitech mouse and I am running the Program on a MacBook. 

Regards,

Tim

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Normally you would use the Logitech mouse application to assign commands to your mouse.  It either came with this application or you can download it from the Logitech website.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4

The challenge with "extra button" mice and keyboards is that those key inputs are generally only recognized by the device's driver, before being forwarded as a keystroke/click/event that the OS can recognize.

While a lot of applications support Mouse Button 1-3, and often 4/5, anything beyond that is not part of any interface standard; similar limitations exist with keyboards that have macro keys, too.

The workaround for this is generally to map those buttons to a function the OS can recognize, such as an existing key or button. An example of this would be binding "Mouse Button 26" to "s" so that both S on the keyboard and MB26 trigger the search box. If you were to unbind S from Search, MB26 would stop working, too, since you're now just mimicking an unbound hotkey.

Logitech Options software supports creating a custom profile for any executable, so you should be able to set up a highly customized set of mouse-based shortcuts, without impacting any non-Fusion workflows.

Lance Carocci
Fusion QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast
Message 4 of 4
alanf156
in reply to: lance.carocci

Thank you for that helpful reply!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report