Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No internet connection" when on mobile hotspot

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
PeterMoll
569 Views, 9 Replies

"No internet connection" when on mobile hotspot

I have this weird problem since a couple of months that when I am connected to the internet through my mobile hotspot, Fusion says it is not connected to the internet. Browsing works fine, so there definitely is a working connection. I also ran the network diagnostic test from the Fusion service utility and everything seems fine there, but Fusion remains in offline mode till I connect to a wifi network, then gets back online without a problem...

(See screenshot)

Also this used to work without any problems till a couple of months ago.

Can someone help me to debug this please?

Thanks in advance, Peter

NetworkTest.PNG

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Phil.E
in reply to: PeterMoll

Fusion might be confused by the hotspot. Can you see if this recent knowledge article helps?
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Fus...

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 10

@PeterMoll Can you also please collect the logs file in this state? 

Refer to this article on how to launch the Fusion service utility (based on if you are on Mac or Windows) and the Gather system info is what we will need. If you can attach the generated zip files here that will help. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How...

1. Run Fusion using hotspot

2. Launch Fusion service utility

3. gather system info

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 4 of 10

@Phil.E, I'm a bit wary of following the knowledge article ( repairing or reinstalling Fusion ) as I am not sure if I will lose any settings that way.

@RajkumarIlanchelianI attached the zip files, thanks for looking into this. BTW using my hotspot to post this, so internet connection is fine, just if you wanted to know...

Regards, Peter

Message 5 of 10

@PeterMoll Thank you for the logs. We are having our engineering team look at it to see what could be happening. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 6 of 10

@Rajkumar.ilanchelian , any chance there is any news on this? Some places I work my hotspot is the only connection...

Thanks, Peter Moll

Message 7 of 10
PeterMoll

@RajkumarIlanchelian, @Phil.E , is there any news yet on this issue?

Regards, Peter

Message 8 of 10
PeterMoll

@RajkumarIlanchelian @Phil.E 

I just did a clean install on my sons laptop where Fusion never has been installed on and exactly the same problem. I also contacted support about this, but also posting here...

Regards, Peter

Message 9 of 10
PeterMoll

@RajkumarIlanchelian @Phil.E 

After some more researching the issue, also with help from Autodesk support, it finally turned out to be a setting on my phone; I changed the APN protocol setting from IPv4/IPv6 to IPv4 only and now Fusion is not complaining anymore about no internet. Not sure if this is a bug though...

Regards, Peter

Message 10 of 10

@PeterMoll Glad to know that you got this working. Will check with the teams here to see if this is a limitation or if this is an issue. Thank you. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report