Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Fusion for Apple

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ian2XAS3
194 Views, 3 Replies

Problems with Fusion for Apple

[Post moved to new thread and title edited by CGBenner - 5/1/24]

I have been using Fusion for years on my Mac book and with every update it seem to get worse I am now investigating other programs as there ar far more available now. This hurts as a multi licence holdin user for many years!!!

Please sort it out!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@ian2XAS3 @If you don’t mind can you expand on what issues you are facing that is making the Mac experience of Fusion degraded than before? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 4

It seems to be working for me now, except for some weird GUI artifacts. While it does run native on Apple Silicon, it is a “second class” apple app as it is certainly not coded using Apple APIs,

You can switch to FreeCAD. It works well and is open source but FreeCAD’s user interface is not was well thought-out as Fusion’s and it seems you need three times as many mouse clicks to do anything in FreeCAD
Message 4 of 4

BBOD after every other thing I do. It's always been bad but it's really bad now.

Also cursor stays stuck as the little black/white BMW logo thing. Stuck. Like for 30 minutes that's my cursor lol. Restarting Fusion doesn't always help:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-support/cursor-stuck-as-the-little-black-and-white-bmw-logo-lo...

Toolpath simulations often run at 1fps even on really simple things like a drilling operation drilling a hole in a square block with it being the only operation of the only setup.

Or a simple toolpath will take 20 minutes to generate but I can literally copy/paste it while it's generating and the identical pasted toolpath will generate in 5 seconds.

This is nothing new but there's no reason for my operating system to treat Fusion like 3 separate programs in mission control:

qqq.jpeg

As I upgrade my computers Fusion gets slower.

Autodesk's most dedicated bug reporter: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/15188348

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report