Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Processing with RatRig KillerBee

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
richard552CX
290 Views, 4 Replies

Post Processing with RatRig KillerBee

Hi all

I've just order a RatRig KillerBee to start learning CAM. I'm an absolute beginner to CAM so please bear in mind.

I've modelled a practice part and setup the tool paths and now I'm ready to post process. However the only machines I can find are industrial level machines like Haas. I also checked the Post Library for Fusion with no luck.

Is there a generic setup that I could amend the XYZ axis parameter to get the post process to work correctly?

The machine I ordered is 1500mm x 1000mm

These are my current inputs

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
j.labdik
in reply to: richard552CX

I could be wrong about this, but I believe most folks with open-source builds use the Grbl post-processor. 

I would check this link for more posts that are not built into fusion automatically: https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts

You can find the Grbl post and many other posts that might apply to your application. Take a look at the Grbl post though, it's going to be closer than any Haas post will be. 

Message 3 of 5
richard552CX
in reply to: j.labdik

I see, I'll have to look into it. It would be a little disappointing if that was the case. (I'll contact RatRig and pose the question)

I did come across this however, potentially RatRig have something similar or this might work been as though there machine is basically a more robust version of the WorkerBee?

https://docs.openbuilds.com/doku.php?id=docs:software:fusion360

Message 4 of 5
richard552CX
in reply to: j.labdik

Sorry, totally misunderstood you. 

The link I sent in the last message was what you was referencing....

Anyway, it looks like I've installed the grbl.cps. Hopefully it works.

Thanks for your help....

Message 5 of 5
richard552CX
in reply to: richard552CX

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report