Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positioning Box

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
hugopost01
365 Views, 12 Replies

Positioning Box

hello, Ps try to help me solving this issue.

I try to make a hole in wood, this must be done exact on a place, the wood is homed, so the relation must be done in relation of the zero position.

So I create a sketch, place a box larger as my object on the sketch and extrude it.

Now the next box I place it on the prev box and do a negative extrusion  but!!!, I don't now how to put it on the exact x-y position,, yes i can move it but it is not exact enough.

So how can I place this box on a exact position.

Pls respond.

Regards Hugo Amsterdam

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
g-andresen
in reply to: hugopost01

Hi,

Please share the file and describe what you want ro achieve.

File > export > save as f3d on local drive  > attach to post

günther

Message 3 of 13
hugopost01
in reply to: g-andresen

Helo This is for Gunther, my small project:
Need to place on a exact positon.
Regards Hugo
Message 4 of 13
jhackney1972

You need to attach files using a Forum post.  You cannot attach files using an email interface.  Your file for @g-andresen did not make it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 13
hugopost01

ok, it is attached now

Message 6 of 13
jhackney1972

You want to avoid using Primitives, especially on second features, because they do not allow for accurate placement.  You can use another Center Point Rectangle to accurately place the second cutout feature.  I will not return your model as it will be an F3Z and the process is very simple.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 13
hugopost01
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thank you for spending time for this,, the point is that I do not want the position on the center,but at 190 (the top), i expect to find a way to place it directly on the right place.

I will take a look at using primitives.

If you have more suggestions I would like to hear it.

Regards Hugo Amsterdam

Message 8 of 13
jhackney1972

I assumed you wanted it centered as that is what you supplied, at least close.  You can use the same method, except instead of placing the center point of the rectangle at the center of the large component but placing it with a vertical sketch constraint between the centers and then dimension the vertical dimension anywhere you desire.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 9 of 13
hugopost01

Thank you, yes, it bust be the simple way.

Until now I did not find this possibility.

Regards Hugo

Message 10 of 13
jhackney1972

Please do not forget to select the "Accept Solution" icon on my Forum post if it solves your issue.  Ask for further help if needed.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 11 of 13
hugopost01

I am really lost, sometimes I can move something, sometimes I can add the history, sometimes I can see measurements..., I am sure I miss basic knowledge.

Thank you for your help, maybe you know a beginners video explaining basics.

Regards Hugo

Message 12 of 13
jhackney1972

You can start here with Self-Paced Lessons.

Fusion Learning.jpg

John Hackney
Retired

Message 13 of 13
hugopost01

Ok, I am on track again, I did view the tutorials but this one wat also important: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1ILL3KTKDE&ab_channel=3DGladiator

We can close the issue.

Regards Hugo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report