Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor performance all the time.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
441 Views, 7 Replies

Poor performance all the time.

I've used Fusion 360 for a while now on a laptop and it works well. I now have a new desktop and it is running very slow when doing everything. (panning, zooming, saving, ect.) Any idea what it could be?

Thanks in advance!

- Jata

Specs:

Win10 Pro

AMD 3900X (12 Core 24 Thread)

32GB 3600Mhz

Radeon 5700XT 8Gb (2150Mhz)

1TB PCIe SSD

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
leowarren34
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

How fast is your CPU running (in GHz)?

If you go to task manager you should see the speed and if you go to Performance -> CPU -> Right-click on the graph -> Change Graph to logical processors. You should see one mini graph very active the rest less so.

If they are all high -> Look at background processes.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: leowarren34

Its on stock clock and voltage. 3.8-4.5Ghz

Temps don't exceed 70c.

I have no other performance issues. Only in Fusion 360.

Message 4 of 8
leowarren34

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you use any other demanding programs like other CAD Applications, video editing, etc?

What is your laptop power plan? I've seen issues where the power plan is set to extend the battery at the cost of performance which may only be noticed in high-performance programs.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 5 of 8
TrippyLighting

What is slow?

Viewport performance when orbiting panning ?

Editing or creating geometry?

Sketching?

Is it design dependant and limited to a few models, or does it affect all of your models?

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: leowarren34

I don't have any issues with fusion on my laptop. I am having issues on my much more powerful desktop. My desktop excels on everything else but fusion. (3DMark, Cinebench R20, and 1440p gaming) I am not new to building PCs. Something isn't right. It could just be a setting in fusion, but the settings/preference tab doesn't seem to have much in performance settings.  Is there a menu that has more control over the performance settings? 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

I've only been working on one project since switching from the laptop. I will try some of my other projects when I'm back in the office.  It's a case for the desktop so nothing too complex. 

Viewport is okay when nothing is selected and not in a sketch. As soon as I try to move something or edit an object it drops to a crawl. Frequently even locking up for seconds at a time. 

Message 8 of 8
lhfFKLVG

I am seeing the same, when sketching if I start to draw something then move the mouse, the object - for example the end of a line or a radius etc - can take several seconds to catch up with the mouse pointer.  Sometimes up to 5 seconds.

My drivers are all up to date and this is a reasonably fast PC - Intel Core i7-4770, GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Have been searching for a resolution for over a month.

Please post back here if you do find a solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report