Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent upload failed error

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
jamie.q.white
706 Views, 12 Replies

Persistent upload failed error

I started getting a "Upload failed" error after the latest update (17 Sept).   Toggling "online/offline" does not seem to help. I don't want to lose any work, so I have not tried clear cache. 

I've attached the file that is producing the error (008_Composite-Proto v27.f3d).

Thanks!

jamie

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
mavigogun
in reply to: jamie.q.white

I've had persistent upload problems too, before- worse now; additionally, the version appellation convention broke with the update- who knows if that relates to your issue.   Whatever the case, Export your file locally (we used to just call it "save"- but now "export" means send nowhere!).

Message 3 of 13
Phil.E

@jamie.q.white

Hi again. Sorry for the trouble.

Can you describe when you see this error? Is it when you save it, or try to upload it?

In either case, your diagnostic logs would be helpful.

I was able to upload, edit and save your file with no issues. 

@mavigogun Can you please explain what you mean by " ...the version appellation convention broke with the update"?

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 13
jamie.q.white
in reply to: Phil.E

Hi Phil,  

Thanks for having a look. 

The error message pops up occasionally in Notifications. The problem seems to be ongoing. Screenshots are below. I've attached the latest log file. 

best,

jamie

Screenshot 2018-09-20 14.32.29.png

Screenshot 2018-09-20 14.30.58.pngScreenshot 2018-09-20 14.31.05.png 

Message 5 of 13
mavigogun

@Phil.E wrote:
Can you please explain what you mean by " ...the version appellation convention broke with the update"?

I thought this related to Keqing Song's @keqingsong recent blog post- perhaps it does not:

💪 Fixed: latestVersionNumber issue Well this was embarrassing. We fixed an issue where latestVersionNumber was returning the wrong version number for the latest document.

After the most recent update, a couple things happened in my Data Panel: some Saves of existing documents without name changes or unique Version names spawned new Version 1 documents; some Saves spawned Verision appellations on top of Versions appellations,  such as "Example Document Name Version 4 Version 2".   Frankly, time demands require me to decide which failures are worth, in the moment, documenting and reporting.   Typically it is my want to create a quick Screencast of an error, then re-record a refined narrative to aid address by your team; however, with the number of aberrations as of late, that would amount to a significant portion of my time.   The Screencast here is merely one such I didn't have budget to properly address or explore.   I figure it's my responsibility as a non commercial user to do what I can to help squash bugs- at the moment I have time, as I've been waithing 40 minutes for Fusion to open a design.   As soon as it cracks that nut, the moment will be past, as my client is concurrently pleading for product.

Screencast will be displayed here after you click Post.

61ac8ec0-811e-4ff2-a952-79d01b79afc9

Message 6 of 13
mavigogun

Humm... the No Screencast posted failure strikes again.    I'll take another swing at it.    Topically,  Jamie's experience in his last post is what I've come to expect- I have a string of Support posts on the topic.

Thanks Phil.

Message 7 of 13
mavigogun
in reply to: mavigogun

Unrelated (?) FYI: 55 minutes and counting- still waiting on my file to load.   Fusion is only eating ~17% of the CPU, and neither memory, storage, or graphics processor are taxed.   *sigh*

Message 8 of 13
Phil.E

@mavigogun It would help to see your logs for today. Thanks.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 13
keqingsong

You were probably experiencing some intermittent service issues we were experiencing earlier. Our monitors were flagging unexpected slowness in translations and uploads. This is independent of the update from a couple days again. I'm checking with the team to see if we have a resolution on this and will report back with findings as they become available. Thanks for your patience and understanding! 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 10 of 13
keqingsong
in reply to: keqingsong

@mavigogun we checked our monitors and they are showing that we are 100% operational with no slowness. As @Phil.E mentioned, please send us your log files and we can help you troubleshoot what is happening. 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 11 of 13
mavigogun

Travelling, ergo, the delay.  Diagnostic Log attached.   Thanks for your consideration.

Message 12 of 13
saketsatta

Hello Jamie,

We are sorry to see that you are facing upload issues. I analyzed the logs you sent and it seems to be a problem with our file upload optimization service. We have made some temporary changes to that service to workaround the problem while we find the correct solution. This should have made uploads start working again for you.

Can you please let us know if you are still seeing upload failures for those files?

Thanks,

Saket Satta

Fusion 360 Development

Message 13 of 13
jamie.q.white
in reply to: saketsatta

Hi Saket,

Thank you for the help. The problematic file seems to be uploading ok!  I'm glad to have it working again.

-jamie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report