Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issue with importing external components

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Adafruit
119 Views, 3 Replies

Performance issue with importing external components

Hello,

I am experiencing really slow performance when importing external components into a new design. The external components are fairly simple parts, like a button, speaker, display and microcontroller. They're somewhat old designs, created around 2020-2023. I reuse these parts often to design enclosures. It's becoming more and more inconvenient to start-up a new enclosure design when attempting to bring these frequently used parts. It's been happening for about two month now, even after updates. Not sure how else to pinpoint this issue, wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar.  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Adafruit

Is this something you could record in a screencast?

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Adafruit

Sure, here is a screen recording of inserting a component, moving it into position and using "edit in place" to showcase very slow performance. 

Message 4 of 4
TrippyLighting

I see! It's not the insertion itself that is the problem. It is moving it to a location after it appears in the target design.
I experience this as well, but recently have been working with very large assemblies of imported geometry upward of 10000 components. INserting assemblies with 1000+ components into such designs has always had the effect you are seeing on these simple parts.

You mentioned that all of these are older designs.

You could try this and see if that makes any difference:  Open some of these designs before inserting them and just change the visibility of a sketch or change a dimension and change it back so you get the prompt to save the design.

Then save it and then insert it.

Is moving it around after insertion still slow?

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report