Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

patterning features

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
J.Oye
221 Views, 4 Replies

patterning features

When trying to do a linear pattern on a simple part I have the hole instance set to cut "All".  Then when I go to do a pattern I make sure I have it set to "Adjust" that way Fusion should read my extents in the depth option (All) of the initial hole and make sure all instances are cutting through the part no matter of the depth option.  The only option that works as expected is "Identical" which Fusion reads the depth value of the first hole and the rest will have the same starting plane as well as ending plane.  The "optimized" option to me doesn't work as well because the pattern will cut through some of the angled portion but not all the way down the part.

I have attached a link to a video showing the issues, I used the built in Xbox console in windows 10 to record since Autodesk Screencast is glitching out on my computer and won't start.....tried reinstalling already.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: J.Oye

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

What if you create the longest hole as the seed for the pattern?

Message 3 of 5
J.Oye
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

I've attached the model.

thanks

Message 4 of 5
g-andresen
in reply to: J.Oye

Hi,

It looks like the adjust option does not work with the hole tool.
Why = ?

Instead:

circle > extrusion/cut and then pattern leads to expected result

günther

Message 5 of 5

@TheCADWhisperer wrote:

What if you create the longest hole as the seed for the pattern?

@J.Oye 

See Attached.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report