Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric size changes move location of parts

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sleitman
318 Views, 3 Replies

Parametric size changes move location of parts

Hello,

I am trying to make an acrylic box whose dimensions can be changed using changes in parameters.  I have tried to change the size of sketch elements, bodies, and components.  The size changes just fine but the location of the parts moves around so instead of a box, I have 5 random bodies in space.  I have tried to make all of the items a rigid group, I have tried various joints, grounds and pins.  

I have done a great amount of searching for answers to my problem online.  I have watched multiple videos.  I feel that I must be missing some fundamental concept in Fusion and would love a pointer for what I should look up to sort out my obvious misunderstanding.

Thank you in advance for any help,

Sasha

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: sleitman

There are two different techniques that you can use to achieve reliable and predictable behavior.

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 3 of 4
sleitman

Thanks, I am attaching a simplified file so that I can learn from your suggestions.  

Thank you so much for your help.

Sasha

Message 4 of 4
sleitman

It appears that I accidentally posted this question twice.  The answer can be found here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/changes-in-parameter-values-move-componenent-locat...

Solution:

The part that I was missing was constraints.  After watching that forum answer video, I found this tutorial which was also helpful:

https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/courses/AP-SKETCH-BASICS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report