Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overall performance drop (after update 02.03.21)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cosmichild
407 Views, 4 Replies

Overall performance drop (after update 02.03.21)

Hi guys,
First, I would like to say "Thank you" to Autodesk stuff for Fusion. Really nice software, I like to work with.

However, today I encountered a drastic drop in overall performance making it actually impossible to use app with design I work on. But not only with this design. The drop is visible even when opening some simple small files.
I am sure it is caused by today's update since no changes were made to system, Fusion's settings or to design I worked two days ago without any issues. Before update, reaction to anything I pressed was instant.
Those things I'm facing now:
1. Lagging on opening any design. Lag time varies depend of the size of design I try to open. In case of the biggest one where loading before the update took up to 10-15 seconds, now it takes about 60-80sec.
2. Lag in reaction times when trying to click any button or see tool tip in top bar menu.
3. Lag in reaction when trying to rotate camera. It takes several seconds, sometimes >10sec for simple rotation and it works like a slideshow. Often Fusion becomes unresponsive for couple of seconds.
4. When using "Shaded with hidden edges" or "Wireframe with hidden edges" only a fraction of those edges is visible. You can see the problem on the pictures attached to this post. For example the most edges of rotary encoder are visible but not all. In the square buttons (inner side) there is just a fraction of lines visible.
On second screenshot you can see how the same part of the design looks when camera is set from behind and what was missing. You can also notice that text elements that were visible in front, here is just in pieces.
5. Increased and less stable CPU % usage of Fusion .exe. Before update, in "Design" or "Render" mode it usually fluctuated between 10 and 20% when working and 1-3% in idle state, depends how many designs I had open. But the usage was quite stable, like a flat line. Right now even with clicking on top bar buttons, it goes up 16-20% on multiple cores and with plenty of spikes going up to 30-35% with simple commands.

My rig spec is:
8600K pinned at rigid 4.9GHz
1070Ti, also overclocked
32GB RAM
NVME M.2 Drives

What solution I tried so far:
1. Limiting effects and turning off all features like AA, AO
2. Update GPU drivers to newest one
3. Checked with both, big and small designs
4. Reinstalled Fusion by cleaning the old files first (with Fusion_360_Cleaner.exe)

I'm out of the ideas what else I can do. System is maintained regularly and as I said at the beginning. Before today's update everything worked perfectly fine.
Best Regards
Mike

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I have encountered the same slow and lag of performance after today's update, running win7 and Radeon software latest version, I hope Fusion 360 fix the issue ASAP

Message 3 of 5
cosmichild
in reply to: cosmichild

I think I have found solution or at least workaround, tho I need to do more tests to be sure. 
It seems that switching from DX11 to OpenGL in Fusion's Preferences brings the performance back to the level it was before update. Everything is now smooth like my bold head. 
Don't know what impact it might have on other's workflow but for me it's enough. I don't use rendering, animations or other advanced stuff. 

Message 4 of 5
HughesTooling
in reply to: cosmichild

@cosmichild  @ahmed_afathalla  What OS are both of you using?

Thanks Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
cosmichild
in reply to: HughesTooling

I apologize for such of lame delay in answering. I completely forgot about this thread/ 
In my case it's Windows 7. However, as for now everything works absolutely fine, even on DX11. 
No idea what caused it. In the meantime there were Fusion updates, newer GPU drivers. It could be anything.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report