Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset from proyección not being updated after changing original shape.

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
marcos.garcialuengo
502 Views, 9 Replies

Offset from proyección not being updated after changing original shape.

This is very simple to replicate, but I have not fund any topic about this issue:

1º Create a sketch with a rectangle and define the size for both dimensions.

2º Create a second sketch on the same plane and project the edges of the first rectangle.

3º Create an offset from the projected edges and define an offset size. Ejem:0.5mm

4º Edit the first sketch and modify any of the dimensions.

When I go back to edit the second sketch the projection is updated, but the offset for that projection is not.

There is no option to "Manage lost projections" and it make sense because the projection is fine, the issue is with the offset only.

The only way I have found to fix this is to modify the offset size, once you change it, it will adapt to the updated projected shape again.

marcosgarcialuengo_0-1712178931879.png

Is there any way to update the offset with out modifying its size?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

The video will explain the process for updating the second sketch offset value.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10

Hi John,

Yep, that helps, it will make thing easier and faster.
Is there any reason for this not to be updated automatically by Fusion?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards
Message 4 of 10

I am not sure but my guess is the cross-sketch relationship.  Maybe @jeff_strater has a thought or two on this subject?

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
rohit.bapat
in reply to: jhackney1972

Hello @marcos.garcialuengo @jhackney1972 

Just wanted to give a heads up that we are aware of this issue and are actively working on fixing this behaviour. We should get the fix soon for the problem. 

Rohit Bapat
Product Owner
Message 6 of 10

Hi @jhackney1972 and @rohit.bapat 

I ran into this issue. I tried double clicking on the offset constraint as suggested. The red outline initially updates correctly, but when I press enter I get the error "Cannot change the dimension of a fixed geometry".

I also tried removing the 3.2 mm cutout at the top, to see if it was caused by that. The issue persisted.

Message 7 of 10
rohit.bapat
in reply to: Bjanders

Hello @Bjanders 

Can you please attach/send the f3d file, so that we can try to debug this issue?

Rohit Bapat
Product Owner
Message 8 of 10
Bjanders
in reply to: rohit.bapat

Hi @rohit.bapat ,

Attached is a file that the issue reproduces with for me. If I edit the dimensions of the first sketch, and then double click the offsets in the second sketch and press Ok, then I get the error I described previously.

Message 9 of 10
rohit.bapat
in reply to: Bjanders

Hello @Bjanders 

Can you please check again in the latest version? I tried but was not able to reproduce. I believe it got fixed with some of recent bug fixes.

Please let me know if it is still reproducible, I would like to dig further in that case.

Rohit Bapat
Product Owner
Message 10 of 10

Hello,

I have try again with just two sketches and it seams to be working just fine right now.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report