Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Installation of Fusion Hangs at startup.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1667 Views, 4 Replies

New Installation of Fusion Hangs at startup.

I downloaded and installed Fusion 360 onto my Windows 10 computer (Parallels VM on Mac) today to begin my free trial.  When I double click on the Fusion 360 icon the nose-cone splash screen pops up, the bigger "Autodesk Fusion 360" window pops up but I onlysee the spinning blue doughnut. See image below:Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 1.40.00 PM.png  I am sure that my network connection is good since I've run Speedtest.net and I can surf the Autodesk website with IE.

Here are the log files that I could find.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Salty Doug.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you restart Parallels after doing the Fusion 360 installation?  Does Parallels have access to the internet without any Fusion firewall restrictions?  Since you are running a Windows environment using Parallels, you must make sure Parallels is providing the needed Windows configuration to Fusion 360.  Was there a particular reason you are using the Windows version of Fusion 360 instead of installing it directly on the MAC OS?

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

Yes I restarted the Parallels VM after installing Fusion 360.

As far as I know the VM mimics a standard windows installation on any computer WRT network protocols.

I am on my home network which does not use a proxy server so those setting are not required.

I made sure that the windows firewall will let Fusion 360 through and that the MAC firewall will let Parallels through. My other Windows programs work, Inventor 2019, Quicken, skype, and Office.  

I have two reasons for installing Fusion for Windows, I also have a trial of Inventor for windows (the trial version for Mac is not available) and I wanted to share parts between the two programs; the second reason is as I was looking through the Fusion 360 forum I saw lots of entries for problems with the Mac.

I am new to 3D CAD but I included the log files, is there ant thing in those files?

Thanks in advance for your help?

Message 4 of 5
baribak
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, 

Thanks for the log files and sorry to hear of the trouble. 

Unfortunately the log files don't show anything apparent. Can you send us the file autodesk.streamer.webdeploy.log which is located in c:\users\username\appdata\local?

Also, can you try deleting the file LoginState.XML and try relaunching? It's located in c:\users\username\appdata\local\autodesk\web services.

Regards,

Kevin Baribault
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance
Message 5 of 5
simmsdp
in reply to: baribak

Hi Kevin,

Deleting the XML file did the trick.  My Fusion 360 works great now!

Thanks. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report